Thursday, December 31, 2009
The boyfriend lost his job yesterday...I won't get into the details (just yet anyway) because there is an investigation pending, not against him but against the company.
I really do believe he did the right thing even though it cost him his job.
Initially I was shocked and worried...what will this mean for our family? But really I do make a decent wage and my job is not at risk (in fact one of my bosses took me to lunch yesterday and asked me question after question about whether I was unhappy with any aspect of my job because he doesn't want to lose me - guess that's what a few 'lifers' leaving the firm does...gets them all a little worried) so we'll make it work. We'll cut out the extras until he finds something...and we'll live on love.
Happy New Year to all my bloggy friends out there! Hope this year is the best one yet! Whatever you are doing tonight remember to stay safe...we'll all be home tucked away in our house waiting for the ball to drop...who knows...maybe I'll even let the boy stay up and join in the festivities...non-alcoholic wine for him though ;)
Monday, December 28, 2009
1. First and foremost this year it is my goal to become a non-smoker. I no longer want to be a part of the smokers club...yes I enjoy it and it will be a tough habit to kick...but it's dirty and gross and hella expensive!!!
2. I would love to get into a regular exercise routine...I tend to be able to get into one and keep it up for a month or two...and then before I know it my routine (and exercise in general) falls to the wayside...I hope this year I can change that.
3. Live life to the fullest and without regrets...I know that seems like common sense...but sometimes I need to remind myself not to dwell on the negatives.
4. Last but not least...save save save. We have so much we want to accomplish...buying our first home...getting engaged...going on a vacation...all of which costs money. I am currently in debt and want to get out of it so I can move forward financially...just call me penny pincher from now on lol.
So what are your goals for 2010?
Monday, December 21, 2009
1. First and foremost I am so thankful for the beautiful little family I have. I'm so excited to spend Christmas with my two favourite boys!
- I really feel this year that the boy, the boyfriend and I are a family now. It took a few years to get over the "it's me and the boy against the world" mentality I had since I was single and raising the boy alone for so long. But we've jumped that hurdle and sometimes I look at the boyfriend with the boy and forget what life was like before he came into it. So all that to say...I hope on Christmas morning they both have big smiles on their faces (I know I will!)...and we create memories that will last a lifetime!
2. I picked out the bedding that I'm getting...but I really really wanted it...so that makes me happy! The boyfriend did pay for it...I just picked it out lol. It's torturing me not to be able to put it on my bed NOW...
3. I know how badly the boyfriend wanted to be able to put a pretty little diamond ring on my finger this Christmas...the boy would really like that too...and well of course I would love it...but alas money is tight these days and the boyfriend has a few loose ends to tie up where his previous relationship is concerned...but we've talked about it ALOT...and over the weekened we were browsing rings online...and I do believe I found the one I want...the boyfriend loves it too...so we both have faith that we'll be able to make it happen soon. So maybe I won't get it for Christmas...but I just know he won't disappoint me...and we'll be a forever family very soon.
So to sum it all up...I want us all to be happy and healthy and have lots fun!!!!
Friday, December 18, 2009
He chose to pick on me...so he must have been amused instead of annoyed! Oh and for the record this was a party at work...though after hours...so I let my hair down a little (or rather alot!).
I haven't had too much time for blogging as you may have noticed...I'm sure many of you are just as busy as I am...though I bet some of you are far more organized and are actually done your shopping...whereas this girl here...is not! My bestie and I plan to hit the 24 hour stores tonight and get it all done...wish us luck!
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Thursday, December 10, 2009
I'll tell ya who...my boy! He just wants Christmas to be here NOW! It doesn't matter in his little world that we still have plenty to do before Christmas...for example this weekend we have plans to go visit Santa at the mall (though the boy knows that's not the real Santa...they are all just Santa's helpers...afterall how could he possibly be at every mall in the world!), we must bake gingerbread cookies...and maybe even build a gingerbread house (if I decide I have the time and patience lol).
But I too want Christmas to come my boy...I can't wait to see the look on your face when you get not one but TWO of the things you want most in the world right now! One of those things cost me a pretty penny...but no matter...all the money in the world is worth that precious smile and twinkle you get in your eye this time of year...I think this may just be YOUR favourite time of year...despite the cold that you hate (just like your mama)...we love to look at Christmas lights together and enjoy the little dusting of snow we have now...but when we get more and the weather warms up...maybe about 10 degrees or so...we'll definitely head out sledding...one of our most favourite past times. So treasure these next 15 days buddy...I know I will!
Monday, December 7, 2009
BUT...my little toddler (back when he was a toddler) had the habit of embarrassing me out in public...here is a story of one such incident...told in my own words just after it happened lol. I was going through my inbox the other day and saw an email to my dad's girlfriend...so here it is...
Originally written February, 2005 - the boy was approximately 3.5 years of age.
Here's one that'll get you laughing......the other day we were at Blockbuster renting movies, and what does my kid decide to do??? He had been driving me crazy all day and he topped off the day by opening the emergency exit door and setting the alarm off and it didn't even shut off when we closed the door so we had to wait till the staff could come and get it shut off....talk about making me want to crawl under a rock.....I can laugh about it now, but at the time I was mortified.
The funniest part...apparently I was so mortified by this event that I blocked it out...I had no recollection of it until I read it just last week. lol.
So how about it...what's your most embarrassing moment? Does your child/pet/spouse/BFF have the tendancy to embarrass you??? Spill it...
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Our tree is up...This is a horrible picture of it but I had to show off the boy's favourite new hat...he just had to have it and wants to wear it everywhere...sure is cute!
The boyfriend and I all 'cleaned up' for my holiday party last night...I'm a bit of a hurtin' unit today...but we still managed to get the boy off to a birthday party this afternoon and my house is semi clean!!!!