~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Monday, March 1, 2010

Back to Regularly Scheduled Programming

Do you have what the media is referring to as an "olympic hangover" - defined by Urban Dictionary as: A feeling of utter tiredness in the morning hours because of staying up too late watching the Olympics on television.

Let me tell you the past 2 weeks I've stayed up entirely too late watching figure skating, hockey, skiing, snowboarding...you name it...I watched it. It's funny because I've never really gotten into the olympics much before...but having it here in Canada and the boy being right at the age where watching sports is super cool...and well the boyfriend is into it too...I really quite enjoyed watching all the events. It helps that Canada was dominant in winning gold...such a rush of excitement each and every time!

Oh and that hockey game yesterday...this wouldn't be an olympic post without mentioning that...were you on the edge of your seat...biting your nails...heart beating fast...as the game went into overtime??? I know I was! But our Canadian boys showed those American boys just whose sport HOCKEY really is!!!

Oh and I thought it hilarious that in the closing ceremonies something was said along the lines of "well what did you think...Canada was one giant Frozen Tundra?"...in reference to the warm weather we've had in British Columbia...of all the Canadian cities/provinces to pick to host the games they just had to choose the one that doesn't even get winter...unlike here in Winterpeg...

So now that I won't be up all hours of the night watching the games...I hope to get back to regular blogging...but of course tonight I'll be tuning in to the Bachelor as Jake chooses between Vienna and Tenley...I bet it's a great (albeit dramatic) ending to this season...have you seen the magazines at the checkout in your local grocery store??? I caught a glimpse the other day and boy if they're right...well I may just have to quit watching...haha...as if!

9 comments:

Lisa Anne said...

I just have 1 word. DVR, it's the best. You even can skip the boring parts and the commercials. I can't wait for the World Cup and then summer olympics.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I've never been all that into the Olympics either, but this year was different. Hubs enjoyed watching, and I enjoyed right along side him :) I'm thinking I like the Winter games better than Summer. Anyway . . . now I can finally get to bed early! :)

Claudine said...

I miss the olympics already. Can't wait for 2012!

Anonymous said...

I didn't watch any of the Olympics this year... I used to love figure skating, but now I'm more into the summer games. I like to watch them run!

Together We Save said...

I watched like crazy and loved every minute of it!!

Monkey Mae said...

We watched, too, and stayed up too late.

Are you boycotting The Bachelor now? I threaten to never watch again each season, but always cave.

MM and MC

Anonymous said...

Canada's going to rule the world soon. It has to.

Unknown said...

Believe it or not, I didn't even watch one show. I know crazy, right!? i have been so crazy busy around here, i don't have time for me, let alone television these days!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.