~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Friday, August 27, 2010

Let's all Cheers to having lots and lots of fun!!!

Summer is quickly coming to an end...it's been a life changing summer for me...as you all know from my last post. It's been just over two weeks since the ex-boyfriend and I have spoken...and let me tell you it's been a very fun and exciting two weeks...which just reaffirmed for me that I had done the right thing in ending it. As hard as it was...and as hard as it is to be a single mom yet again...it's what is right!

We spent last weekend at my friend's cabin and had a blast. Kids up late...adults up drinking all hours of the night...no worries and no stress...

I'm slowly entering the dating scene again...it's nice to flirt with random guys...haha. Don't get me wrong someday I want to meet the one for me...but right now I'm okay with just having some FUN.

School starts here in just over a week...the boy is less than impressed...I guess by 4th grade school isn't so fun and exciting anymore...I always liked it anyway because it meant new clothes...boys don't seem to care so much about that though...lol.

5 comments:

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Glad that you're feeling so great!! Sounds like a fun time at the cabin :)

I always loved that a new school year meant new clothes too! :)

Jen said...

Hi Mel :) Sorry I've been gone for so long, just got caught up with your happenings - it sounds like you've definitely made the right decision, I'm glad you're doing well!

That cabin sounded like a fabulous time, life needs lots of moments like that. Good luck to the boy with 4th grade!

Mom said...

I'm glad you're OK with the situation and that you're having a good time. I think you'll be OK! :-)

Together We Save said...

I am so glad things are getting better for you. I hope you find your true love one day...but as you say, it is nice just to have fun.

Rosemarie said...

Hel Mel - I'm so sorry you are going through a hard time right now - but it seems like you know you are doing the right thing. Your son will thank you for it one day. :) ((hugs))