~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

What is new in the world of Mel?

LOTS!

It's been awhile since I've posted...I don't know what it is...I have the time but sometimes I'm just too lazy to do anymore than read all of your blogs...sometimes I'm even too lazy to comment and I hate that!

So since I posted last - I put myself on Plenty of Fish (dating site for those that don't know) because I was lonely and looking for friends...nothing serious just someone to hang out with...I met 2 guys from there and they both turned out to be a little bit crazy...I mean I know I'm a pretty good catch but you can't want to spend every single waking moment with me after 2 dates...I just don't roll that way! I am a single mom...newly single at that...and I need time for ME sometimes too.

So needless to say after trying that route and failing...oh and having the ex-boyfriend find my profile and essentially stalk me on there...yeah decided it wasn't the route I wanted to take...

BUT there is someone in my life...we are taking it very very very slow...he's been a friend for years and in fact was my neighbour up until 2 years ago...the ex-boyfriend was extremely jealous of our friendship and forbid it...needless to say as soon as (hmmm what should I call him...lol) "T" found out that the ex-boyfriend and I split up he called me and we've been hanging out ever since. Our boys are friends from when we were neighbours and so far the boy approves of our 'dating'. He really only found out we were more than friends last weekend when he caught us holding hands lol.

I won't change my Facebook relationship status just yet...I just don't feel like I'm quite there yet...I've been calling it "almost a relationship" for about 3 days now...I guess I'm just scared that it's too soon.

The ex-boyfriend is still in touch on a weekly basis even though I've asked him to please just leave me be...he's having a very hard time accepting that it's over with us and there is no talking things out anymore...he crossed far too many lines.

So that's my 'love life' in a nutshell.

Now on to the boy - he's doing great in school - slightly sassy and his teacher does not approve which is great...I've found in the past that his teachers have let him get away with far too much! But besides the sassy attitude he's doing well academically and has joined every club the school offers - he immensely enjoyed Cross Country Running Club and is now in Homework Club and Handball Club. I love that he's so involved in the school. Oh and he's patrolling on his own too. At first he was peeved that they had to spend the whole month of September training and he wanted to stop being a patroler...but now that he's allowed to do it all on his own he's enjoying it alot!

5 comments:

Together We Save said...

Sounds like you have lots going on!! So glad you and the new fella are taking it kinda slow!! Best not to rush into anything!

Sounds like your young man is doing well too.

ter@waaoms said...

lots going on here too but haven't been posting much either.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

You *are* busy! :) I'm glad that you are doing so well, and it sounds like your boy is too! That's happy news!

natalee said...

OH MEL>... Im happy your doing well....!!!! miss u

Impulsive Addict said...

So the ex is stalking you? I'm really good at stalking too. I facebook stalk EVERYBODY. If you decide to become a stalker, hit me up with your questions. I'm pretty awesome at it. I'm sorry that you're newly single but the ol' friendship route seems to be working out nicely. =)