~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Monday, June 28, 2010

Oh Summer how I love thee

Summer brings us nice warm sun
For swimming, fishing, and lots of fun
For finding seashells in the sand
For sunbathing to get a tan
To do all these things and more
At the beach and seashore

~author unknown

So tomorrow marks the last day of school for my boy - yes we have school right up until the very end of June here. I start holidays for 2.5 weeks on Thursday and we are heading out on our very first camping trip of the season that day...usually by now we've been out camping at least once or twice...but alas having a child in sports hindered us from having a free weekend for the entire month of June!

This shall prove to be an interesting camping trip...my mom, brother and nephew are tagging along. I'm sure we'll have a blast as long as the kids don't fight too much ;)

I plan to spend much of my vacation outdoors soaking up some rays...so please let the every other day rainstorms halt right this very second...we've seen enough rain...well...for the rest of the Summer!

As you can probably tell my very favourite thing to do in the Summer is camp and sit by the water at the beach. I hope I have plenty of time to do that this Summer.

What about you...what is your favourite summer time activity?

3 comments:

natalee said...

i also love the beach and the water too....i laughed because sports is a damn hinderence here too

Xbox 360 cheat said...

I would like to find a summer love during the season. I'm young and I'm going on vacation to Hawaii for a week, Oregon for a month, and Kentucky for a few days...

Xbox 360 cheat said...

May be its not the best timing to have a bf. a relationship needs work and time spent together. whats the point of having a bf and then leaving him for the whole summer. and wouldn't your rather be single on vacation?