~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Extreme Makeover - Me Edition - Successes

Amber over at aefilkins hosts this weekly meme...I haven't participated all summer...that could explain the massive tire I have forming around my midsection...why is it that I have no problem working towards the body I want all year long and then when summer comes I sabotage it all by eating bad and not exercising near enough???

I haven't stepped on a scale in a very long time but I bet if I had weighed myself before summer and then again now...it would tell me I had gained at least 10 pounds...all my clothes are too tight and I just feel down right disgusting.

Hence the reason I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack. If you'd like to join this group of gals who are working hard at trying to live a healthier lifestyle than be sure to head over to Amber's blog and check it out.

This week Amber has asked us to focus on our successes. Seeing as I am just now getting back into a routine and haven't yet had the opportunity to add in exercise...my only success (albeit a big one) is my thought process...instead of feeling like I just can't do it...I *know* that I can because I've done it before. It doesn't take much to plan meals a little better so that I'm eating healthier...and it also doesn't take much effort to get myself back into exercising....I just have to do it! And do it I will...starting now.

My intent is to ease back into it slowly...knowing myself the way I do...if I try to change things too much I decide it's too hard and just give up yet again...so this week I'm really going to focus on eating better and uping my water intake...after school starts next week and our family is more into a homework/evening routine after dinner I will decide when it's best for me to exercise.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

It's good that you're balanced like that. I start a diet and I'm determined to excercise 2 hours a day and try to live off water...for some reason I never make it passed the first day :)

Connie said...

I agree with starting slowly and making small changes.

Good Plan!

Have a great week!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a good plan. It is smart to slowly work yourself into it again, instead of getting burned out.

Good luck this week!

XOXO
Jen

2Wired2Tired said...

Sounds like a plan for success! The support of the group will help you succeed. What a great idea!

Staci said...

good luck girl! Whats that saying about the slow start wins the race?!?! Something like that! Summer is just crazy busy and we all kinda fall off the wagon.... There are too many fun things to do and too many cocktails to drink!

Unknown said...

I own a 'tire' as well...I really need to get into some type of routine myself...your blog is super cute!

Jen said...

Hang in there Mel :) It's hard. I sometimes wonder if I will spend the rest of my life trying to reign in what I want to eat & forcing myself to exercise - but the alternative is being overweight and unhealthy, and that keeps me going. Healthy changes here and there.

Organic Meatbag said...

I have a hell of a gut that I need to lose...but I like to eat! Just a fat gutted guy that enjoys eating... hehehehe...