The lovely Melissa over at Shimmermeblue (totally check her out, she's got great product reviews and lots of cool giveaways) gave me this award...mom of the year? I'm not really sure, but I do try my very best to be the best mom I can be every single day...as I'm sure we all do.
Rules for Mom of the Year Award:
Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom.
Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are No Longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!
I feel awful that I have to work fulltime...I feel like when I get home at the end of the day I am just too tired to do the things I enjoy doing with the boy...most times I can put on the mask and be happy and energetic and then eventually really get into what he wants to play or do...but other times there's just no hiding the exhaustion...and I'm tired and irritable and just no fun to be around...
Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you.
These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!
1. I love that the boy is so unlike me in that he's a social butterfly...I guess I'm more like that now but as a child I was scared of my own shadow.
2. Movie nights with the lights off, lots of blankets and pillows, and of course microwave popcorn.
3. I love that the boy loves to read!!
4. I love that the boy calls me 'mama'...never did I ever say anything other than mom when referring to myself but when he was about 3 he started to call me mama and it stuck.
5. I love his imagination.
6. He's so kind, thoughtful and considerate.
7. Camping...he's got that outdoorsy gene...and I love it.
Send this to five other Mom's of the year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.
Now I didn't check any of your blogs to make sure you hadn't already received this...so I apologize if I'm giving it to you for the second or third time around. I nominate the following bloggers...by blog name:
****Just a little update on my weekend...it seemed to be going well until both brothers had a few too many last night...it went a little down hill from there...BUT thankfully today was a new day and there will be no excessive drinking going on with those two under my roof again...NEVER. I'd tell you the details but I'm elbow deep in cooking and cleaning...HAPPY EASTER!*****