~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A little of this and a little of that...

Yay life is finally getting back to normal and I don't feel like we are constantly on the go...and the best part...things have slowed down at work so now I can catch up with all of YOU.

First off, this past weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving...so to all my fellow Canadians:

H*A*P*P*Y T*H*A*N*K*S*G*I*V*I*N*G!!!!

We spent ours having a relatively quiet long weekend. Friday it was like a blizzard outside and we ended up with quite a bit of snow...thankfully since then it's mostly melted...the boy isn't all that impressed about that...he pretends he hates winter but this morning he was a little miffed that even more of the snow had melted.

So Saturday morning I forced the boyfriend out into the cold and we dug out our patio furniture and fire pit to put into the shed until Spring. It was my goal to get it all put away before the snow came...I guess next year I'll have to remember to get it away by the end of September lol.

Sunday we did some shopping...I was on the hunt for winter boots for the boy that he now won't need for likely a few more weeks...but I'm still glad we got them so that the next time he wants to play out in the snow he won't come home with frozen toesies!!!

Yesterday we celebrated thanksgiving with the boyfriend's side of the family (my family will celebrate next weekend). It was okay...but I gotta say coming from a family full of chefs (my side) it's hard to eat really bland food lol. Even the boyfriend was like...man she didn't season a single thing!!! Thankfully the boy was on his best behaviour and ate every last bite of his dinner. And I'm also thankful that the boyfriend doesn't take after his mother when it comes to cooking...he made one of the best pot roasts I've ever had Saturday night.

So that was our holiday weekend in a nutshell...

And now I leave you with something I've been meaning to blog about for ages and just haven't had the time...but I don't want to forget it so I must document it somewhere (and quick before I forget).

About 2 weeks ago I woke the boy up in the morning and we had the following exchange:

Me: Hey buddy time to get up and get dressed.
Boy: Is he still there?
Me: Is who still there?
Boy: Chewy.
Me: Chewy, who is Chewy?
Boy: *wipes his eyes and looks at me very confused* Oh...I must have been dreaming.
Me: So what was the dream about?
Boy: It was so awesome! There was this giant cheeseburger and his name was Chewy and you couldn't eat him or anything but he was like a real person that I was playing with and he lived at McDonalds.
Me: Wow that's quite the interesting dream...*giggling like crazy*
Boy: Yeah I wonder if I'll ever have that dream again cause it was awesome!

I laughed about it all that day...and even still recounting it for you makes me giggle a little. My boy sure does have an active imagination. I'm quite certain this dream had a little something to do with the fact that my mom (who was in town visiting at the time) took the boy and I to Burger King at about 8:00 the night before so he went to bed just after eating a double cheeseburger lol.

8 comments:

Ter said...

Chewy, eh?

lol

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Food can give you the weirdest dreams . . . obviously ;)

*It's my side of the family that doesn't season. Jeremy's side uses seasoning like it's goin' outta style.

Lisa Anne said...

For a second I was like Happy thanksgiving, she's a whole month early. Then I remember it was Canadian Thanksgiving.

So Happy Thanksgiving!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Chewy, hilarious!

Caitlin said...

HAha! For a minute I thought that "Chewy" must have been Chewbacca from Star Wars... but a giant talking cheeseburger is much better.

onegirliegirl said...

I'm cracking up about that Chewy!! Gotta love a really great dream!

xoxo ~Lisa

Jennifer said...

Chewy! How funny!
Happy Thanksgiving to you! What do Canadians eat for Thanksgiving??
Do ya'll do turkey too?

Yellow Beads said...

Chewy--love it!
Happy Thanksgiving!