~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oh the stress!

So where have I been this week??? Because I know you all were wondering! lol.

Well I was at the shopping mall every lunch hour this week (the time I usually spend reading blogs and posting on mine)....urgh. But I must say I finally found success today...

K, let me back up a bit...we are going to a "celebration of marriage" on Saturday (the boyfriend's bestie from way back got married a month ago and it was very small so they are having a reception of sorts for friends)...anyway...there will be few people there that I know...something that stresses me out beyond belief, first impressions mean alot and these ppl were all very close to the boyfriend at one time or another...he hopes to actually use this opportunity to rekindle some friendships that he lost during a few dramatic years (pre-me of course lol)...and really I'm a fashion girl at heart...and I want that to show...stupid I know!

Anyway, I got into my head that I'd love a 'sweater dress' (they are all the rage right now) to wear with tights...but those things do not suit every body type...this I learnt very quickly. So the hour and 15 minutes I get daily for lunch I spent trying on dress after dress after dress...and then I decided maybe I'd just go with black pants and a shirt...so then I started trying on different shirts...and then eventually skirts...let me tell you I did not have much success...in fact I've bought a total of 3 different shirts...2 of which I will return (one was final sale)...but finally today...I found a flattering sweater dress and I love the look I put together...

You see this event is casual but denim is not allowed as the first part of the festivities include drinks and dainties at a country club...but after that the real 'party' begins and we are heading back to the bride and grooms for some rock band and beer! So I wanted to be comfy and yet look cute...so I think I've finally got it. Yay me!

The boyfriend might hate it since it doesn't show off my curves and 'sweet ass' lmao...but it's what I like that counts.

I so hate shopping for clothes to fit a body I feel like I don't even know anymore...must get back into a regular exercise routine...must must must!

11 comments:

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Ha! You crack me up :) I would be doing the same thing. Gatherings like that are important to me, and somehow I never have what I *need* in my closet ;) So glad you found a dress that you love!!! You'll be posting pics, right??? ;)

2Wired2Tired said...

Those sweater dresses are too cute. Glad you found one you liked. Sometimes I love shopping, other times I hate it and men just don't seem to understand why it takes so long sometimes.

It sounds like a fun event. I have never heard of drinks and dainties before. Great new phrase, I might start using!

That Girl said...

sweet ass. Oh my word. lol
I cant wait to see pics!!

~~Mel~~ said...

His words, not mine Kel! lol.

Staci said...

Post pics!!!

onegirliegirl said...

I hope you're having a rockin' time!! I'm happy you found a dress that you love! Would love to see a pic! I get so confused with the whole sweater dress...I guess 'cause I'm old :)

xoxo ~Lisa

Unknown said...

How fun! I hate shopping for stuff too. Hope you have a good time :)

Tricia said...

You are a hoot!

I know what you mean... I HATE shopping, which is why I have one pair of jeans, and the exact same shirt in about 10 colors. So sad! It's my new goal to feel "okay" enough to get some new stuff for my vacation in SEVEN weeks. I have to get with it!

Hope you had fun at the party. You should post a pic! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh I know what you mean. I always see things on a manican and it looks cute and then I try it on and it looks awful.

Caitlin said...

Ugh. How stressful. I am already worrying about what I should wear to my in-laws BIG Thanksgiving dinner, so I feel you. Sweater dresses are ADORABLE on everyone else, I am just worried that for a pregnant gal with a sticky-outie belly button and a large rump, it wouldn't work. Thoughts?

Glad you finally found a winner!

Anonymous said...

I can't shop under pressure. Everything I wear ends up looking like a paper bag draped over my body