~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Bachelor vs Online Dating

So last night the boyfriend and I were watching the Bachelor...I know, I know...it's one of the lamest shows out there but for some reason I just can't turn away. Maybe it's the romantic in me (I was never fond of those cheesy romance novels so the Bachelor may be my outlet) I always hope that the couple stays together after the show...but alas that rarely happens.

Anyways...as we were watching, the boyfriend made a comment something along the lines of "this show is very unrealistic, how do you know you are choosing the right person to spend the rest of your life with in such a short period of time"...to which I responded "it's all in the editing dear, Jason knows almost immediately who he is going to choose but they edit it to make it look as if he doesn't...thus attracting viewers".

Later I sat and analyzed the whole process (analyzing seems to be something I do best)...the boyfriend and I met back in May 2007 through an online dating site which believe it or not has many similarities to the process The Bachelor uses. Before meeting the boyfriend I 'kissed many frogs' lol. Actually at the time I met the boyfriend I was casually 'seeing' (no that does not imply sleeping with, contrary to what some believe) at least 3 different guys and chatting to multiple others. It's quite the process seeking out the good when there are soooo many bad out there (maybe bad is the wrong word...just not right for me probably sounds better). But the day I laid eyes on the boyfriend...well I just knew he was the one. Some believe in love at first sight...I'm not one of those people...but I definitely believe I knew right then and there that I could stop associating with all the 'frogs' and move on to my prince charming.

All together now.........awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

No comments: