~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's Frickin' cold

And I am NOT exaggerating...when I was at home last night trying to decide what to blog about (so many things to blog about, so little time) I had decided on exercise...but after the events of this morning I quickly changed my mind and decided that the -48 celsius windchill was definitely something to blog about.

Have you ever stepped outside your house and instantly felt your nose hairs freeze? Have you ever heard your coat crinkle as if it's been locked in a freezer for 24 hours? Have you ever gotten an instant brain freeze right between your eyes (the one place a scarf and toque don't cover) that gives you a headache? If you live in Winnipeg (or Winterpeg as we've been dubbed) then you will have answered 'yes' to all of the above.

Yes the people here are nice, I love my job, my friends and family are here and I'd miss them if I moved away...but I don't know how much longer I can handle these extreme cold Winters.

This article describes it best:

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/350289

Okay so that wasn't the exact article I read earlier but now I can't find it...oh well, close enough.

2 comments:

That Girl said...

you are too funny. wimp!

~~Mel~~ said...

Wimp??? I'd like to see you survive here a day!!! lol.