~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

He keeps on Growin'...just stop it already!

Speaking of McDonalds...well I was here anyway...

Very recently the boy has decided that a happy meal just doesn't do it anymore...in fact a happy meal with an extra cheeseburger doesn't even fill him up...I swear this child has hollow legs and is never ever full...

Anyway, the past 2 or 3 times we've gone to McDonalds the boy has asked for a 'grown-up' meal...with (of course) a toy on the side...and I've given in. The child needs to eat till he's full so I don't immediately hear "Mom, I'm hungry" and I do mean immediately...usually about 10 seconds after he's swallowed his last fry that's what I hear!

But I have to say I'm sad...he's not a little boy anymore...he's almost a teenager actually (only 4 more years that I'm sure will fly by)...and what saddens me even more...

The past 2 times McDonalds has forgotten to give us a toy (thankfully I also wasn't charged for it either time)...the boy's response when we get home and realize this "ah, that's okay mama...those toys are kind of babyish anyway"...

Ummmm, excuse me...what did you just say young man??? Babyish toys??? Since when???

It really is bittersweet...

On the one hand I won't have these stupid toys all over my house...you know the ones...the ones they just HAVE to have...yet they only play with them for 3.2 seconds and then they are long forgotten...we have drawers of McDonalds toys...

On the other hand I want him to stay little forever...and I want him to like those 'baby' toys...at least for a few more years...sigh.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

I completely know what you mean! Cameron is the skinniest kid ever, i mean he looks like a malnourished child kind of.... but he eats.. and eats.. and eats. A Happy Meal doesn't satisfy either one of them anymore and it's just crazy. Sometimes they eat more than me!

onegirliegirl said...

That's my boy, too!! He just hit 13 and is constantly hungry. Of course, all the other boys in the family want to copy him and have decided that they need to eat all the time, as well...sheesh!!

And don't worry, IMO, he'll be playing with those "baby" toys for quite a long time to come :)

xoxo ~Lisa

Anonymous said...

Awww! Yeah, that "tween" age is a hard age. Not a kid but not a teen. Good luck!

Just Me said...

awww!

pedislp said...

It's so sad, isn't it? Clayton is getting to be the same way. He wants the toys, still, but I always end up tossing them when they are not looking because I'm certain they somehow reproduce like bunnies in toy boxes. C is always hungry, too! Can't keep that boy full :)

That Girl said...

Madison still likes the toys and I was kinda wishing she would stop soon.....thanks for making me rethink that. lol Its so true that they have to have them and it lasts a short time.

our babies!!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! They grow up too fast! Aiden already does that with his Mcdonald toys. He's interested in them for a couple of minutes and they're forgotten. But as soon as I get rid of the toy, he asks about it constantly!

Mom said...

Man, I *love* the big kid's meal at McDonald's! I always get the double cheese burger, and give the toy to the kids. Unless it's a really good one that I NEED to keep in my classroom.

But I digress....kids. WHY do they have to get so big and grown-up? :-/

Anonymous said...

[URL="http://googleblogonline.info"]how to increase traffic[/URL]

Anonymous said...

[URL="http://alwayspromoting.info/o"]website traffic tips[/URL]

Anonymous said...

[URL="http://adsensenow.info"] top search engine ranking[/URL]

Anonymous said...

[URL="http://addurlsite.info"] marketing website tips[/URL]

Anonymous said...

[URL="http://trafficblog.info"]increased search engine traffic[/URL]

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to nip in after registering and say hi

to everyone on the forum . Look forward to following the topics here!

[url=http://healthseakers.com]Cosmetic Surgery in Houston[/url]