~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Writers Workshop - Time Outs

It's Thursday and that means it's time for the Writers Workshop over at Mama Kat's and I totally think you all should join in the fun so head there now and find out how.

The Prompts:

1.) Your trip to the ER...spill it.

2.) "Why are American's obsessed with weight? Why are we always fighting or complaining about what is natural for our bodies?"

3.) Describe one of your 'God Moments'.

4.) List ten things you would say to ten different people in your life...if you had the hutzpah.

5.) Why is your kid in time out?

This week I'm not going to go with number 3...instead I've chosen number 5.

Much to the boy's dismay I will share with you a few of his bratty traits...lol. You see lately...this sweet, cute boy of mine has become a sassy, back talking kid who is 8 going on about 15. He absolutely despises going to his room...yet seems to land himself there at least once a day for his attitude...but at the same time...can I really fault him...he is *my* son afterall...I'm as sassy as they come! lol.

Case in point...the following conversation landed the boy in bed 15 minutes early last night.

Boy: Mom, you forgot to pack underwear for me to change into after swimming today so I had to go all afternoon with no underwear and just my shorts!

***side note, why this is a problem I'll never know...this kid numerous times has decided he wants to go commando...but anyways...***

Me: No, I distinctly remember putting some in your bag along with the shorts and your towel.

Boy: Nope...you definitely did not...I looked and looked and found nothing.

Me: Quit arguing with me. Am I going to have to prove it to you?

Boy: Well, I don't see how you'll prove it...I know there were none there (in his sassy little voice).

Me: (completely annoyed at this point...I go into his daycare bag and alas...) Well you must have been looking with your eyes closed because here they are, right where I said they would be.

Boy: Oh well...I looked and couldn't find them...so I don't know how they got there now (once again sassy sing songing voice...eye roll, etc.)

Me: You know what...you just wasted 10 minutes of my time arguing over something so silly...so for that...you are going to bed right after your shower!!!

Boy: Buuuuuutttttttttt moooooooooooooooooooooom...that is so unfair!

***at this point I walked away and told him he better get in the shower now...or he was in danger of a spanking...I do not handle this attitude thing well...hence the reason he *will* be 15 and still getting spanked.***

11 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

Stories like that remind me of what a big mouthed brat I was as a kid. My poor mom. I'm sure I'll get payback with my daughter and I am not looking forward to it.

Jeanette said...

Kids, you gotta love um.

That Girl said...

lol at the picture of you spanking a 15 yr old Riley. He is almost as big as you NOW.

Jennifer said...

I know! I tell mine the same thing, you're never too big for a spanking!

monica said...

Oh I can't wait for this age times two! Stopping in from Writers Workshop!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Amazing how quickly they become sassy pants, isn't it?

LazyCrazyMama said...

Oh man! LOL! I would have sent him to bed early. Why is it kids can't seem to find anything under their nose?? ;) I have a big problem with attitude too! Hate it!

Anonymous said...

Sounds exactly like the way the kids I nanny for talk to me, All The Time. So irritating. Only if I send them to their room it will do nothing because once I leave they'll act like spoiled brats again.

J.J. said...

but Moooooooooooooom.....

I really don't like that "but" word. especially when they should be saying..."OK Mommy" :)

Next time you should buy him and pack hot pink glow in the dark undies so he will be sure to find them. Either that or safety pin it on the outside of his bag.

Unknown said...

Oh no, attitude already huh? I feel your pain there, both of mine got it too. Cameron is usually the mellow good kid, but for the past month or so he's been back talking like crazy, just like that. He's been on the verge of so many spankings, and has even gotten a few. I told him last night if he keeps it up he's gonna have a permanent red spot on his cheek or butt, wherever I can get to. {Of course I'm half kidding, I wouldn't really beat him like that, but sheesh he's a brat!} I hope you can find some common ground with him and he'll start to behave better!

onegirliegirl said...

Oh, Mr. Sassy has come to live at your house. Problem is..he still hasn't left mine :)

Do you think 23 is too old for spanking ;)

xoxo ~Lisa