~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Thursday, August 20, 2009

I Am Never Drinking Again

Have you said those words? Usually it's the result of a hangover from...yeah there. Did I ever have one heck of a hangover this morning...I don't usually drink during the week and when I do drink on the weekends...I don't usually drink enough to get drunk...You know, I'll have about 3 beers and get 'happy' and then have a very good night's sleep.

But last night...I have to say I was DRUNK.

You see, my bestie (I've decided I like this term better than BFF) bought a house a couple of months ago...they finally, after months and months of searching, found thier dream home. But it needed a heck of a lot of work. They took out all the flooring and plan to put in hardwoods this weekend, they are getting an entirely new kitchen, all the walls must be painted, alot of the electrical had to be moved, there was some drywalling repairs to do, and so on and so on...

They got the keys on July 23rd and don't have to be out of their house until August 27th...seems like plenty of time, right? Wrong! Even working round the clock and enlisting the help of friends and family...there is no way in heck this house is going to be anywhere near ready by the end of next week...no sirree...not going to happen.

All of that to say...that when my bestie has enlisted the help of others she most certainly makes sure they are happy while they work...she knows I like my beer and therefore has been stocking her fridge...so last night as we were organizing her garage and making room for all the doors in the house (which we later removed and placed in the garage) she was making sure I had a full beer at all times. I do believe I had at least 5 in the 4 hours I was there. Not so bad...I guess...

Except...that the boyfriend also decided to come home with a bottle of rum after work (completely odd because like I said we don't normally drink during the week)...guess he figured if I was going out he'd have his own little party after the boy went to bed lol.

So...he convinced me to have 2 drinks (he made them and he made them strong too!) before I left to go work at the house...and then after my 5 beers...when I got home I decided it would be a grand idea to have not one...but TWO more rum and cokes...

It's not a wonder when I awoke to the sound of the alarm clock this morning I was wishing it was all just a dream and that I could sleep for...oh say...another 4 hours, that's really not too much to ask, is it?

I felt nauseous until about 11:00 this morning when I got ravenously hungry...but I'm all good now...not that I think I could even smell rum or beer at this moment in time.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh ouch! I got a sympathy headache reading this!

Staci said...

I'm so sorry.... You know I was muttering those exact same words a few months ago.... Oh the pain!! Its horrible! Hope you get good sleeps tonight!

Amber Filkins said...

Oh my gosh, you are too much. But oh so nice of you to be right in there helping your bestie so much.

I also prefer the title bestie to bff. So high school. :)

BY THE WAY, of course we'll have you back at EM:ME!! Are you kidding me!? Of course. Join in again anytime you wanna! We'll love to have you.

My Tylenol PM is kicking in, lol. Have a good night!

Anonymous said...

Did you go to work still drunk? I did that once, not my shining moment.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Oh yikes! Hope you're feeling better :)

Makensie's Mom said...

Hey Mel! I feel your pain on this one. Thanks for your advice about Kensie's sleeping issues. Since I work full-time, it's hard to crack down on naptime, though I do think that's part of the problem. She takes 2-hour naps still. But I'm working on it. Love your blog! -- Single Mommylogues

Jennifer said...

Yep...I've said those words a time or two...
and just so you know, a true sign of a good friend is the one that will help you work and know the only payment you're getting out of it is some pizza and beer. You're a good friend!!

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

gag puke.. nothing worse than that feeling.. blek.

lol

thanks for jaden's prayers.. they need it.
:)
d

Anonymous said...

Blah! I know how that feels! Try working with toddlers and getting stuck with diaper duty after a night of celebrating with tequila! LOL Not fun!