~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Writers Workshop - I Spy With My Little Eye...

It's that time again...Time for Mamakat's writers workshop - this week I'm going with the 3rd prompt...and I think I did last week too...is it a coincidence my favorite number is 3??? Probably not lol.

The Prompts:

1.) What's ailing you? Diagnose yourself with a syndrome.(inspired by Kimberly from Kamp KK)

2.) Share with us something you made by hand.(inspired by Texan Mama via email)

3.) Fess up. Tell us what you found after a spying on someone.(inspired by The Scattered Mind of a Tattooed Mini Van Mom)

4.) "How are y'all doing it? This summer, I mean? I cannot remember ever being as busy as we've been over the past two months. Those of you who are blogging daily, being as witty and entertaining as ever...I beg of you...HOW?"(inspired By Lula from Lulaville)

5.)What are you afraid of?(inspired by Life With Kaishon)

Are you a snoop? Cause I sure am! It's in my blood...I snoop all the time...you may not want me to come babysit at your house because chances are I'll go through your things...haha...j/k...it's not quite that bad...but close.

I spy on the lawyers I work for here at work by reading their email inboxes. Totally legal since I have access to them right on my computer...what's that you say? I'm only supposed to read their e-mails when they are on vacation and they ask me to keep 'an eye on them'...oh really! Well that's just no fun. I haven't found any juicy or interesting gossip...I've learnt a few things about their family through joke emails or personal emails - for example one of the women I work for...her sister just bought a puppy and they are having a hard time naming it...not really interesting stuff...but when I'm bored it helps the day go by!

I snoop in the boyfriend's email too...he was stupid enough to give me his password way back when...so why can't I snoop?

But it has bitten me in the butt a few times...first time being when I found an email (about 5 months into our relationship) between him and an old friend...who also happens to be female...apparently it was all in good fun but it had an underlying tone that made me really uncomfortable...so he has since stopped being so flirty with the other girls in his life...I guess some guys are just flirty by nature...

Since that one incident there's been nothing I need to be afraid of...and really I probably shouldn't snoop and just trust him...and is it even a trust issue? Nah...I honestly think it's just boredom...I haven't been bored lately so I haven't been in his emails lol.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man I am such a snoop too! Haha! I always know everyhing about the people I nanny for...I don't call it snooping I just call it 'being observant'!

ambermarie said...

Haha...my friends and I call it snoopdoggin ;) It helps pass the time!

Erin said...

Ohhh I like the I'm observant not snooping comment. I used to spy on my step daughter and that bit me a few times....but I did prevent her from getting into a whole lot of trouble by getting her grounded one time! So that made it all okay right? =)

Staci said...

I am a nosey one too! I just can't help it! I can't stand not knowing stuff!!!!! I am sure I have been coaught many many times!

Summer said...

I always want to know everything, so I'm a snooper too. Can't wait for my kids to grow up so I can snoop though their stuff!

KatBouska said...

Oh my gosh you are going to get yourself into so much trouble! I don't know if I'd be able to resist either though...

That Girl said...

you know I am nosey! yes I read the kids diary's too. I'm just interested in their thoughts...lol

Unknown said...

Lol, what if you ran into some really good lawyer gossip? Would you tell?