~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Monday, August 3, 2009

Long Weekend Fun!

If you are Canadian...then you know this weekend is a long weekend and hopefully you've had as much relaxation time as we have...

YES, I'd much rather be out camping or at the beach soaking up the sun....but sadly our weather is the pits...it's cold and rainy....no fun at all! But we've managed to keep busy.

Friday night the boy had his little friend sleepover...not much sleeping went on...but they were cute and giggly and I just couldn't seperate them...in the end they seperated themselves and went to bed around 11:30 or so...only to be up the next morning before 6:30 a.m.

Saturday was spent relaxing and bbqing and then we had all the neighbourhood kids over for a fire in the backyard...complete with smores and lots of other yummy 'junk'...potatoe chips a plenty and popcorn too.

Sunday we lazed around most of the day...eventually heading out for some slurpees and a nice walk...thankfully though it seemed gloomy most of the day the rain stayed at bay. Last night the boyfriend and I saw the movie "Taken"...It was good...but I guess I was expecting better since I've heard alot of hype over it.

Today has just been declared family day...we are off in a bit to see the movie "Aliens in the Attic" as per the boys request...and currently the boyfriend is out getting us some McDonalds...the boy will be over the moon when he's surprised with that....despite the fact we just had fast food on Thursday lol....what can I say...I don't like to cook when I"m in relaxation mode...hence the reason we ate out Thursday and then ordered in chinese for Friday...oh and the boyfriend bbqed Saturday...so I've really been let off the hook this weekend!

I hope you all enjoyed your weekends...whether it was a nice long one (don't hate me if you don't have today off!) or just a 2 day one!

6 comments:

That Girl said...

I dont hate you but I do miss you. You people have too many holidays!!
sounds like a great weekend and very relaxing too!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! Have fun at the movie today :)

onegirliegirl said...

I really want to actually not cook when I'm relaxing!! So, yeah, I'm jealous. But, I do have the day off...well, everyday. Technically my job is at home raising our family. But sometimes I take the day off :)

xoxo ~Lisa

Haasiegirl said...

enjoy your weekend! it sounds like you have some fun stuff planned!

trisha
momdot.com/blog

pedislp said...

You Canadians and your 3 day weekends! Sorry the weather was crappy, but nothing beats a movie on a crappy day :) Did Riley like it? We haven't seen that one yet.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I don't even like thinking about cooking on a long weekend either!