~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Monday, August 10, 2009

It's True What They Say

The little gadget I got myself on my birthday that is called a blackberry...should most definitely be called a 'crackberry'. Now I've never been addicted to crack (or even tried it for that matter) but I can imagine it's something you have to have at all times...as I now find myself doing with my blackberry. If I'm watching tv it's in my hands, when we go to bed at night I always find myself just checking ONE more thing...I take it everywhere with me and if I misplace it I go CRAZY...not that I've actually misplaced it...but there may have been a time when I thought I had and I freaked out...heart racing, sweaty palms...it was horrible!!!!

Just this past weekend I managed to make my addiction a little worse (as if I thought that was even possible lol) by trying out the game on there...called Brickbreaker...OMG so much fun. I managed to make it to level 10 out of 35 last night which was a huge improvement from level 3 lol. Only problem is when you get a "game over" the stupid game doesn't save and you have to start all the way back at level 1...how irritating!!!!

The boy has noticed my addiction...you know it's bad when your child says to you "you know mom, if I can put my DS down for like a half hour to do something else...well you should be able to put your phone down too"...yep it's bad!

10 comments:

Yellow Beads said...

I want an iphone or blackberry but hubby says no, ha! he knows i would be addicted too.

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh I've been the same way since I got my iphone!

Jennifer said...

Still old school with no iphone or blackberry :(

I'd be addicted too!!

Ter said...

Blackberries must be getting more affordable, I'm hearing more and more people getting them. I just have a regular cell phone, which I'm thinking of nixing because I can't use it for anything other than typing (since I can't hear on the phone) I needed it for my last job and some people still text me on it once in a while, worth paying the monthly fee for an occasional text? hmm not sure. But kind of holding on to it til I know what my next job is.

anyway I'm that way too with my computer, I always have to check all my emails, blogs, facebook, ONE MORE TIME before I go to bed and if something takes longer than normal, then I have to do it all over again! LOL

That Girl said...

addict!

Together We Save said...

I want one!!

Anonymous said...

I want a blackberry too! love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha your child is awesome.

And trust me, your blackberry is awesome until one day it like explodes in your hands while you're in the middle of an email to your boss, without even an explanation. But that probably won't happen to you. Things like that only happen to me. I'm pretty sure.

LazyCrazyMama said...

Believe it or not, I'm actually glad we live in an area that gets absolutely no cell reception ;) for that reason! My addiction is facebook - I'm totally addicted to a few of their games...

Unknown said...

I so want one. I'm jealous!