I can accept this award with the following conditions:
I must list 7 personality traits about myself and I must pass this award onto 7 other blogs that deserve such fine recognition for the personalities that they share with the blogging world.
1. I am outgoing and fairly laidback.
2. I am very empathetic (or is it sympathetic? lol)...if you are hurting and are close to me...I hurt for/with you.
3. I can be very blunt and sometimes have to remind myself to bite my tongue if I'm talking to someone that might not know that I "tell it like it is".
4. I am a worrywart...the worst for me is money...if something extra comes up (ie. birthdays or car repairs) even if I budget and know I'll have enough money to get me through until next payday (because yes we live pay cheque to pay cheque, don't you?) I can't help but worry about it.
5. I live for the moment...although I don't like to think about bad things happening to me or any of my loved ones...I always give in at bedtime when the boy wants an extra hug (even though I have to get my butt back up off the couch to go give it to him lol)...just in case.
6. I am an open book (though judging by my FB quiz "How well do you know Mel" and the answers most of my friends got...perhaps I'm not the open book I thought I was lol. But honestly any question you have about me or my life I'll answer...just don't judge me or I'll never tell you anything again.
7. I am not a crier...even when something really bad happens I go into "take care of everyone else" mode and keep myself together, stay calm, etc....most ppl have never seen me cry ever because I hate that...the boyfriend has on ocassion but I do try and hide out in the bathroom if I feel the need to let it all out.
Wow that was much harder to do than I thought it would be lol. I pass this award on to:
1. Staci at Playing House - she's funny and witty and totally cracks me up on a daily basis...plus she's got 2 of the most adorable kids I have ever seen...oh and her hubby is such a great sport too...he lets her share things to the blog world that I know the boyfriend wouldn't let me! lol.
2. Carole at Youngest of 3 Sisters - she has a great blog. Always has nice and kind things to say and wears her heart on her sleeve!
3. Jen at Harried Mom of Four - why? Because she has 4 kids and is still sane...lol. No really, she has a great personality, and knows how to have fun!
4. Tina at Life in the Lapadula House - She participates (and hosts some) in alot of great memes...her kids are cuties and must be around the same age as the boy so I love to read about them.
5. Liz at Sugarplum Creations - I love reading her blog...even though it makes me a little jealous of all the girlie girl stuff that she gets to do lol...living in a house where I am clearly outnumbered (even our new cats are boys!) gets tiring from time to time.
6. Amber at AEFilkins - Her and I have somewhat similar life stories...she also hosts Extreme Makeover: Me Edition and I can't thank her enough for that!
7. That Girl at Sunshine and Rainbows - what can I say about this girl...Love her to death and have known her for many years...never met IRL (yet) but I hope to some day.
So check out all of those blogs...you won't be disappointed...in fact all of the blogs in my blogroll are awesome for one reason or another so check them all out!
Second, I was tagged by Staci at Playing house with this fun little meme.
Here are the rules:
List Six Unimportant Things That Make You HappyMention and link to the person who tagged youTag six of your favorite bloggers to play along, and comment on their blog to let them know they've been tagged.
Six Unimportant Things That Make Me Happy
1. Not having to get home from work and rush out the door again...I love evenings spent relaxing with the family.
2. chocolate. lol
3. Listening to the boy's stories -sometimes they go on and on and on...but there will come a time when he doesn't want to talk to me about anything so I treasure the time he spends telling me things now.
4. Fire - I love a campfire and now that we have the firepit in our backyard we have lots and lots of fires...and we even have a wood burning indoor fireplace too! lol.
5. Fresh paint - we so badly need to paint our bedroom...I can't wait to choose a colour and get started!
6. No line up at the coffee shop!
So I'm supposed to tag 6 blogs, but I tag you all - or any of you that want to do this...in fact I tag you all on the next meme too! Let me know if you posted them and I'll be sure to come and check out your answers.
And last but not least - Tina at Life in the Lapadula House tagged me with this fun meme.
1. Last beverage → beer
2. Last phone call → The boyfriend's brother
3. Last text message → believe it or not, I *never* text...well very rarely anyway.
4. Last song you listened to → Cat Stevens - Father and Son
5. Last time you cried → a very long time ago
SIX HAVE YOU EVER:
1. Dated someone twice? → yep
2. Been cheated on? → yes (unforunately)
3. Kissed someone? → Of course.
4. Lost someone special? → yes
5. Been depressed? → every hear and there...usually coinciding with PMS.
6. Been drunk and threw up? → Who hasn't been drunk or thrown up lol.
LIST FOUR FAVORITE COLORS:
1. Made new friends → yes.
2. Fallen out of love → eventually but never while in a relationship
3. Laughed until you cried → Of course
4. Met someone who changed you → yes
5. Found out who your true friends were → yes
6. Found out someone was talking about you → Yeah...but it's usually good things lol
7. Kissed anyone on your Facebook friend's list → yes
8. How many people on your Facebook friends list do you know in real life → honestly...maybe half
9. How many kids do you want to have → at this point in time I'm unsure
10. Do you have any pets → 2 cats
11. Do you want to change your name → nah, I've had it for 28 years, why change it now?
13. What time did you wake up today →5:45am but really 6:15 or so after pressing snooze a few times.
14. What were you doing at midnight last night → sleeping
15. Name something you CANNOT wait for → Summer and camping
16. Last time you saw your father → wow...in June 2006
17. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life → nothing, really....maybe having more money would be nice.
18. What are you listening to right now → the boy watching tv
19. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom → probably
23. What's getting on your nerves right now? →nothing at the moment
24. Most visited webpage → Blogger and Facebook
1. What's your name? → Melissa
2. Nicknames → Mel, Mellie, Mom, Mama, chick
3. Relationship Status → live in boyfriend
4. Zodiac sign → Cancer
5. Male or female or transgendered → Female.
6. Primary School → The one I remember? Glen Elm
7. Middle School → W.H. Day
8. High school → Bradford District
10. Hair color → brown
11. Long or short → longish
16. Height → 5ft 7
17. Do you have a crush on someone? → Just the boyfriend!
18: What do you like about yourself? → my personality
19. Piercings → just ears
20. Tattoos → nope
21. Righty or lefty → Righty.
22. First surgery → does wisdom teeth count?
23. First piercing → My ears
24. First best friends → Anne
26. First sport you joined → Basketball
27. First pet → A dog named candy
28. First vacation → Disneyworld
29. First concert → Salt and Pepa lol
30. First crush → Steve Hope
49. Eating → nothing
50. Drinking → beer
52. I'm about to → get up and make some dinner
53. Listening to → the tv
55. Waiting for → the boyfriend to get up from his nap
YOUR FUTURE :
58. Want kids? I'm starting to debate whether more will be in my future...
59. Want to get married? sure...someday
60. Careers in mind? mines good for now
WHICH IS BETTER WITH THE OPPOSITE SEX? -
68. Lips or eyes → eyes
69. Hugs or kisses → kisses
70. Shorter or taller → Taller.
71. Older or Younger → older
72. Romantic or spontaneous → romantic
73. Nice stomach or nice arms → arms
74. Sensitive or loud → sensitive
75. Hook-up or relationship → relationship
77. Trouble maker or hesitant → hesitant
HAVE YOU EVER :
78. Kissed a stranger → yes
79. Drank hard liquor → Many times.
80. Lost glasses/contacts → no
81. Sex on first date → I plead the 5th...
82. Broken someone's heart → so I'm told
83. Had your own heart broken → yes...*sigh*
85. Been arrested → yep
86. Turned someone down → yes
87. Cried when someone died → of course
88. Liked a friend that is a girl? → like romantically? Ummm no thanks
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
89. Yourself → sure do
90. Miracles → yep
91. Love at first sight → not particularly
92. Heaven → yes
93. Santa Clause → Absolutely.
95. Kiss on the first date? → sure why not?
96. Angels → yep
97. Is there one person you want to be with right now? → I'm with the ppl I want to be with.
98. Had more than one boyfriend/girlfriend at one time? → I think i did...but just one time...and I think i was 15 lol
99. Posting this as 100 Truths? → sure why not!!!!!