~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Writers Workshop - Help Wanted

Every week the lovely Mama Kat hosts this great Writers Workshop...I haven't had the time to play along lately...but this week I do! Head on over there if you want to learn how you can join in too.

The Prompts:
1.) Interview a child.(inspired by Quilao Triplets)

2.) How do you stave off boredom?(inspired by Jenn's Pen)

3.) Write a poem for the little boy in your life.(inspired by Life With Kaishon)

4.) Describe a memorable interview or talk about your experience trying to find a job amidst this recession.(inspired by Lacey)

5.) Create a Help Wanted Ad.(inspired by Jenners)


Help Wanted

I am looking for a maid...and perhaps a lawnboy and gardener. You will be in charge of all of the chores that I absolutely despise...for example: dishes, cleaning the toilet, making lunches for the entire family, cleaning out the cat box, and scrubbing the floors. The only chore you really won't be responsible for is laundry. Because for some odd reason I actually enjoy doing laundry! Payment? Oh you want to be paid...well...ummm....now I may need to rethink this whole maid thing...here I thought you would want to do this out of the goodness of your heart...you know for my sanity and all.

Now on to the lawnboy. You will be required to mow our lawn once a week...when I ask you to do it you will NOT do as the boyfriend does and try and put it off just one more day...I am very particular about my grass and when our neighbours on either side cut their grass and ours looks 10x longer than it actually is next to theirs...that is when it's time to cut ours. I was willing to pay you in what the boyfriend gets for payment...but well...he's not very 'down with that'. So therefore I'll have to pay you in lemonade, iced tea or perhaps beer (but only when it's on hand).

We are great people to work for and will make you feel right at home. Come on apply...I know you wanna!

9 comments:

Jenna said...

That is hilarious! Made my afternoon much lighter...thanks!

Unknown said...

So funny! I need those people too!!

CJ said...

I want a couple of those, too.

I’m sponsoring my first GIVEAWAY. Join in here:
http://proartz.blogspot.com/2009/06/giveaway-1-scavenger-hunt.html

Anonymous said...

He's not very 'down with that' LOL!

Becky said...

Hahahahahahahahahahaha... You forgot to add that the lawn boy should be well built and do his job shirtless ;-)

That Girl said...

I was thinking the same thing about lawn boy needing to be hot. Thats a must!

~~Mel~~ said...

Oh girls...I can't discriminate like that...lol. But of course only the hot ones will get second interviews! lmao.

Claudya Martinez said...

Now I just think you are a lawnboy tease.

Anonymous said...

Love it! Still smiling about the lawn boy!