~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mosquitos

So here in the mosquito capital of the world they're here...and they are here with a vengeance...I imagine they'll be bad this year with all the flooding we had...lots of standing water.

What the heck are the purpose of mosquitoes anyway??? They drive us all crazy and we are forever trying to get rid of them...so why oh why did they even come into existence???

The boy is fascinated with them and why they like to bite him (he's always been prone to LOTS of bites, in fact when he was just 4 months old I took him to the doctor because I was certain he had chicken pox or measles or something because he was covered head to toe in spots...turns out they were all mosquito bites...apparently the netting I had to go over his stroller couldn't even protect him!!!...but back to what I was saying) he says it's gross that they suck your blood (kinda like vampires) and then leave this itchy 'bite' mark. He doesn't get it...can't he just keep his blood?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't you watch Jurassic Park? The purpose of mosquitos is so we can resurrect dinosaurs! Duh!

Ter said...

Bleh, this might be the year I give in and buy one of those mosquito propane thingies, if only I get over my fear of propane tanks!

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

I'm not sure I understand the need for mosquitoes either! We don't have too many here, but where we go camping . . . yikes!

Amber Filkins said...

Ewww! I hate mosquitos too! Isn't it amazing how the most pesky of all insects serve some sort of purpose?? I would like to know to. I am so amazed by the fact that if one small species disappears, then it throws everything off. Crazy.

Carole said...

skeeters suck! Not buts about it. I swell up and get all itchy too. Poor little guy. benedryl is a God send....
carole
xoxo