~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Extreme Makeover - Me Edition - Update

Those of you that have been here awhile probably know what this post is all about...but for those of you that are new here you can hop on over to Amber's blog and find out what it's all about.

So I haven't posted an update in 2 weeks now because:

a) I haven't been working out;

b) I also haven't been watching what I'm eating; and

c) Well without doing those 2 things I feel like crap...

But I'm here again and going to get back on the train! I think what made me fall off was the bronchitis I suffered with for well over 3 weeks...and then immediately following that I hurt my back...I'm still not sure what the cause of the back pain was but it came and went for 2 weeks...initially I thought it was the shoes I wore to workout (the one time I actually worked out when I was starting to feel better)...but then it went away and came back with a vengence. I'm almost certain (since the boyfriend has the same pain) that it had alot to do with the coughing that comes along with bronchitis.

I have still been walking when weather permits but tonight I'm getting back on that elliptical and I will most definitely make sure I workout at least 3x this week.

So Amber is asking today:

What's your favorite thing to drink while you're losing weight? We all know how important it is to get that water intake up, especially with summer almost here. What's your favorite way to spice it up?

I have to agree with Amber...Crystal Light is da bomb!!! I love it...and I also really like the Nestea singles that you can pour into water bottles....you just shake and voila...yummy water instead of boring old plain water!!!

My all time favorite flavour in both is Raspberry! Which reminds me...I better pick some up.

Soooo, how are you doing???

8 comments:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I'm a regular ole' water girl. Of course if you've been sick and then hurt yourself you're going to be off your routine. Ease back into things or you may risk greater injury.
:) Good luck!

onegirliegirl said...

I agree with Viv! Ease into it again or you could end up taking a few steps back :)

Glad you're finally feeling better. I will have to try the raspberry flavor. I don't know why I haven't yet?!

xoxo ~Lisa

Melissa said...

I'm glad your back!

That Girl said...

I drink grape crystal light. Ive never heard of the nestea singles....I will look for those.

Anonymous said...

Good luck finding some ambition this week! I know how getting sick can totally knock ya down a notch.

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Yep, easing back in is key! I'm hoping you're feeling much better now. I always appreciate your comments. You're so sweet :)

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

* I tagged you, stop by my blog :)

Jenna said...

I wish I drank more water! I'm such a Diet Coke freak. Good luck getting back into the workout routine. I know how tough it is, but it's well worth it!