~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Extreme Makeover - Me Edition

We are a group of people trying to lose weight, eat better and exercise...support in numbers works wonders! Head on over to Amber's blog to learn how to join us if you so desire.

This week Amber was asking us to post a picture of our fridges to see how much of the food we keep on hand is actually healthy. I won't be posting pictures because...well...my fridge is pretty bare today...grocery day is tomorrow.

But what I have been stocking up on lately is fruit and lots of it!!! The boy *loves* watermelon and I bought one on Sunday...only to have it be 3/4 of the way gone by the very next day...I did help him a little some though lol.

The weather has changed drastically here and it is HOT HOT HOT!!! Ever notice how your appetite drops dramatically in the heat....yet you are constantly feeling dehydrated??? Well that's been me lately...I hardly ate dinner last night because it was so hot and sticky all day and I just didn't feel hungry...but I did manage to down 4 bottles of water (and I didn't even doctor them with Crystal Light)! I'm trying to convince the boy to drink more water and figure the best way to do it is by setting a good example.

Workouts have been non-existent because although we do have air conditioning it's only a little window one and it's at the back of the house...my elliptical is in the basement...which you would think would be cool enough...but it's just not. I have been walking daily...but again it's been so hot and sticky that I'm sure my pace has slowed a little...it's alright...I'll swim lots of laps around the pool this weekend...and I'll be working my arm muscles as I put the beer to my lips and then back down again...haha.

12 comments:

Amber Filkins said...

I've been wanting watermelon SO bad lately. And cantelope. Mmmm.

So, it's finally hot there huh?? It's been so mild here surprisingly! It's supposed to get up to 100 on Saturday, the first time in a few weeks, I think.

I don't tend to have no appetite just because it's hot!?

Sugarplum Garters said...

I'm with you ~ struggling to do the elliptical because the room it's in is so hot! Winter, come quick, if only so we can work out again! :o)

Have a wonderful day!

Ter said...

I don't understand why we go from extreme cold to extreme heat. why don't we have more in between days??

I go to Curves. If I didn't, I wouldn't exercise. I was doing really well with it early on before my husband got sick again and it just became difficult to go as I was spending my time in the hospital with him and then I didn't want to go for a while, but I've started going back again. So far I'm at a standstill with my weight and I think this is because I haven't been eating as healthy as I was before, because it's too much (emotionally) to deal with making meals some days.

Anyhoo, good for you with the water drinking. I'm really bad at that. I dislike water and I've got an addiction to coke. :) I should get some Crystal Light, I hear so much about it but every time I look at it I wonder if the price is justifiable. But considering how much I pay for coke every week it might be worth it, esp. if it helps me loose weight.

Connie said...

It is so hard for me to work out in the heat so I get up at 5:30am and walk.

Good Luck this week!

Anonymous said...

It's a good season for fruit!

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Mel,
Keep up the good work. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

onegirliegirl said...

Ya know, I get that same arm workout...pick drink up, put drink down, pick drink up, put drink down :)

My biceps are huge ;)

xoxo ~Lisa

Jen said...

Ahhh, laps in the pool - that sounds refreshing! :)

Sugarplum Creations Blog said...

Ooooh, I love watermelon too! Though I don't enjoy the intense heat {we rarely ever have it too hot here}, I do love that it supresses the appetite :) Less cooking, less eating. It's all good! :)

Sharee said...

I plan on buying my first watermelon this weekend from the farmers market. I've eaten all my life, but never actually bought and cut a whole one!

Lynn said...

Love me some fruit!! No fair that you didn't take pictures. :)

Mom said...

WHY are you hassling me about dieting and working out?! I know I need to lose some weight. Sheesh!

LOL

Good luck!