~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Random Ramblings...

Because I'm bored at work...I have work to do but have no motivation today!

I walked around for (possibly) half the day today with black pen on my face...ppl can you just tell me next time??? That way I'll avoid the embarrassment and the wonderment (is that a word?) of how long it was actually there! Thankyouverymuch.

I need a slave...it appears I may have found one in the boyfriend...I mean no he's not great when it comes to chores...but if I'm thirsty or hungry and ask him to get me something he jumps up to do it...not so bad, right??? WRONG! I noticed yesterday that I do this at least 3x a day and I have 2 legs myself...why am I so lazy? Case in point, I got up from watching The Bachelorette last night to tuck the boy in (of course I waited until a commercial) went back to watching my show and just as my butt hit the couch I asked the boyfriend to please go grab me a drink from the fridge...but the funniest part is he does it each and every time...if I were him I'd tell me to get it myself, especially those times when I was obviously up just doing something!

Although I like to think I'm a very social person...In reality I'm very anti-social. You see the boyfriend's birthday is this coming Sunday and I'm planning an impromtu yard party. We'll have a fire in our fire pit and some drinks...along with roasted marshmallows, smores, hot dogs, chips...you know munchie food. I've invited approximately 10 ppl...and well...I'm nervous as heck to entertain *that* many people...assuming they all come...I'm kind of hoping that some of them already have plans. Give me my two BFFs and a bottle of wine and I'm good to go...but an actual party...well we will see how much fun I actually end up having. lol.

The boy informed me last night that he wants to be a kid forever...this comes from me explaining to him that now that he's a big 8 year old it's time he start being a little more independent...he can in fact get his own milk from the fridge and it will not be the end of the world if he spills a little (he thinks the world around him will come crashing down if he ever makes a mistake...yes even something as little as spilt milk) as long as he cleans it up. I baby my boy and always have...I imagine that's part of the reason why the boyfriend and I constantly fought in the beginning...I treated my 6 year old like a 2 year old...and now that he's 8 things really haven't changed too much...but he's my only one...I want him to stay little forever...just like he wants to stay little forever...anyone know how to make that reality??? lol.

Last but not least...I had to explain to a 47 year old woman (same age as my own mother I might add...so a little awkward) what a "lady's garden in bloom" (btw, never heard it described like that before), "landing strip" and "bare naked" meant. Yep uh huh...you know what I'm talking about...don't you?

Well folks that's all I have for now! I hope you are all having a great day.

*Edited to add: So I just realized that I am the boy's slave and the boyfriend is my slave...lmao.

9 comments:

Staci said...

You crack me up! I do the same thing! I ALWAYS ask Jason to get my stuff! I guess were entitled since we do stuff for everyone else ALL the time! :)

Anonymous said...

That's really sweet that the boyfriend is so willing to please!

And LOL at explaining to the 47 year old! My Mom always amazes me with how much 'in the know' she really is....

Jen said...

So does that make the boyfriend the second tier slave of the boy? It's sweet that he doesn't mind doing for you - my Hubby's the same way, and I'd like to think I'd do the same, but probably not. and I do NOT want to know how that conversation with the woman came about - oy.

Jenna said...

That must have been a fun conversation w/ the 47 year-old! Too funny.

~~Mel~~ said...

LOL Jen! She's a co-worker and was reading an article in her Chatelaine magazine...she knew the terms had to do with grooming but wasn't sure exactly what they meant...she was going to google them and I told her she better not do it from work!

Lapa37 said...

I feel you on the anti-social thing I am not a crowd person either.I hope it all goes well for you. My daughter wants to be a kid forever as well.She is scared to grow up.I don't blame her I kind of am too.lol

I have a meme for you when you have some free time.

Mom said...

And that's the way it should be! The boyfriend being your personal slave that is!

Bummer about the pen on your face all day. Thanks coworkers!

Together We Save said...

You are too funny. I think I am everyone's slave.

Unknown said...

I treat my 7y/o like he's still my baby too. it's kind of funny, but I just don't want him to grow up. ever. period.

Btw, thanks for stopping by and I wanted to tell you I have a great giveaway going on for some readers that your son might enjoy since he loves to read :)

http://outnumbered3-1.blogspot.com/2009/06/childrens-treasures-readers-giveaway.html