~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Monday, February 2, 2009

And here we are again...

Back at Monday...looking back now...last Monday was a much better day. There is just something about Mondays, I have the worst luck on those days.

This morning I got out of bed without too much trouble, though I was still kind of grumpy about the weekend flying by so quickly!!!! We all got ready without incident...got in the car and were headed to daycare right on time...this is where things turn ugly...

I got out of the car with the boy and the boyfriend headed off to work...I realize as soon as I'm inside that I stole the boyfriend's work bag totally by mistake. It was beside my leg and I guess I just assumed that on this day I had an extra bag to carry (which I never ever do so I should have noticed instantly)...so begins my panic because now the boyfriend has no lunch...his sweater is also in this bag (it's often cold in the office where he works)...and I'm thinking he'd probably be annoyed with me because he's not so fond of Mondays either. But I did manage to get ahold of him and he decided he'd just buy lunch...and that it really wasn't the end of the world to go the day without his sweater...Yay...dodged that bullet lol.

Sooooooooo, I leave daycare and run for my bus...now I've been held up at least 5 minutes at the daycare and as it is I usually just make the bus...but when I get to the stop there are about 8 other people there...this is very unusual...on any other day there is maybe 2 or 3 of us waiting...okay so the bus is late...wellllllllllllllll, the bus was not only not late...it was cancelled. Apparently the driver called in sick and they didn't bother to send any others out...that would be okay if this wasn't Winnipeg and the temperature with the windchill this morning was -37 celsius. So after a 1/2 hour outside, frozen legs and toes...I made it to work. The day is going by pretty fast...I'm very grateful for that!!! I want to go home and go back to bed...

Look for my groundhog day post tomorrow (yes I know it's today...but....) in honour of my new background...hehe.

1 comment:

That Girl said...

Soooo this is what you did all day. I do like it but uhhh you must change it now. its over!

oh and what a horrible morning. you should have just gone home and went back to bed.