~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tell me you've done this!

Okay...so I'm not sure if I'm setting my poor boy up for some sort of psychological something other as he grows up...because well...I lie to the boy...

Just the other night for dinner I made frozen meat pies and told him it was stew...hey it kinda looks that way after you cut it up and stir it around lol. You see the boy HATES pie...apple pie, banana cream pie, chocolate pie...you get the idea...I swear sometimes he cannot be MY child...afterall who doesn't LOVE pie!!!!

So yeah...if I told him it was pie he'd have freaked...O-U-T...so stew it is...until he finds out differently...

Most meat here is chicken...or so the boy thinks.

Whatever it takes to get him to eat the 'good' stuff lol.

4 comments:

Staci said...

oh yeah I lie....
Examples:
If he wants to go to a friends house, but we HAVE to go somewhere else the said friend is "sick" or at his grandmoms

If we are outside and he wants to pester the neighbors they are not home

If he want to go to McDonalds but I am not feeling it they are closed or I have no money...

When I take Madison to ballet or gymnastics he thinks she's going to the doctor...

Gee I am a LIAR! That is terrible!!! :)

That Girl said...

Oh yeah we do that here too. Doesnt everyone? Cheddar and broccoli rice is Shrek rice. This started when Shrek was cool and has just remained shrek rice.....get it green, shrek? haha.

Cecilia said...

I don't have children yet, so I can't say I do this but I can attest to my mother having tricked me into eating my dinner. But as I got older, she resorted to telling me, "Just eat it, I'll tell you what it is later. I'm not trying poison you, it's good for you!" And that's how I got suckered into eating duck liver.

Mom: 1, Cecilia: 0.

Toni said...

I am guessing that you are not alone here!