~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Monday, February 23, 2009

He's driving me CRAAAAAZY!

The boy that is...

You see, he's very excited about his upcoming 8th birthday...but here's the thing...It's not until MAY. Anyway, on the way home from daycare today he told me his plans. He wants to invite 5 boys over for a sleepover...now wait just a minute here...

Did I not say that there will be no more sleepover birthday parties for a very very very long time??? Yes of course I did...after last year's fiasco we are soooo NOT going there again anytime soon. You see we had 6 boys in total stay over last year...yes we were absolutely crazy to think everything would be okay with that many boys in one room for 16 hours (but the boy gave me the puppy dog eyes when I told him he could only have 3...and I gave in...I'm a sucker!!!). The boyfriend and I were up all night long...breaking up fist fights, taking kids to seperate rooms, asking (okay begging) for them to please be quiet and go to sleep!!! So it was decided...never again...well at least not until the boy is much older...and we're fully stocked with ear plugs...and happy pills lol.

So when I tell the boy his plans for a sleepover party are not going to come to light he gave me this big dramatic speech about how he already invited all his friend and they have plans!!! Ummm excuse me kiddo you are 7 NOT 17...

I hope I can stand firm this time and not let him talk me into this!!

Sooooooo, any of you with older kids have ideas for bday parties? He says no to bowling and the movies...though I'm sure I can sway him into something fun like this...after of course he's over the HUGE disappointment of no sleepover...again this should have come as no shock!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, looks like it's gonna be a long 3 months for you!

Kelsey said...

Just tell him that sleepovers aren't "cool" anymore or something like that lol.

For my brother we've done bowling, video arcades, an indoor playpark, Chuck E Cheese and one year rented a bounce house. He turned 13 a few weeks ago and yes, he had a sleep over. I wanted to hang myself. I know you're pain!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey! So I tried posting how to make this navigation thing to this comment thing, and to my blog, but it always changes the code to html.

If you have an email address, I'll forward you the code.

That Girl said...

haha, thats too funny because I told Madison that she could have an end of the school year party since her Sept bday sucks. She started inviting people yesterday.

these kids are funny!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that one!

Anonymous said...

It never ceases to amaze me how far in advance kids plan for these things! Today is my sister's 10th birthday and she already had her party planned at Thanksgiving! Good luck!

Staci said...

wow fist fights really?!?!? Oh boy! I am not used to boys! lol.... I would be saying no too! What about rollerskating, movies, go carts, hmmmm. I will have to think on this some! :)