~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Friday, February 20, 2009

Stalker? I'll let you be the judge

A little bit of background on my old next door neighbours...There was a mom, a dad, and little boy. They lived beside us for the three years we've lived in this house...until last summer when the mom and dad split up. The boy used to play with their little boy (even though he's three years younger) and we've tried to keep up the playdates and sleepovers since they've moved halfway across the city (the dad has custody). Problem is the other little boy has major seperation anxiety (that worsened after his parents seperated) and won't come play at our house, he never wants to be out of dad's site. Sooooooooo, the boyfriend and I have been making the long trek to drop the boy off to them so the kids can play together.

So for approximately 6 months this has been going on about once a month. The last time, I decided that the boy would just have to start going there less and less if we were expected to do all the driving...besides the boy obviously misses this other little playmate so close by because there really aren't alot of kids in our neighbourhood...but he never asks to go there or phone him or anything...basically there is no mention of this other boy unless his dad calls to see if the boy (my boy if I'm confusing you all lol) wants to come over.

So last weekend the ex-neighbour called and left a message asking me to call him back (another thing that irks me is that he never wants to arrange things with the boyfriend it's ME he MUST talk to...I guess in all honesty the boy is not biologically the boyfriend's child...so I guess I'll give him a bit of a break there)...I failed to do so because I was sick and it was Valentine's Day and I just didn't want to talk to anyone (especially someone who likes to share all their 'baby mama' drama with me). Soooooooo Monday comes and he calls again before we were home from work...again I'm sick and have been dragging myself to work all throughout (except that one sick day last week) and when I get home I just don't feel like talking on the phone.

So I guess in the end and in all honesty I've decided not to call him back EVER...lol. Or at least I'd like it to be that way...but since I've decided that he's called my house constantly...like 3 times a day constantly.

The thing that gets me is this...once I've called to try and arrange something and left a message if the other person doesn't return my call...it's probably for a reason (good or bad) and I would never in a million years start to stalk them...which is really what I feel is going on here.

The boyfriend asked me the other night if I thought he was interested in me romantically...I stopped dead in my tracks...because honestly the thought has never crossed my mind before...

This whole mess gets even more complicated because after the mom and dad split up and the moved out...the ex-neighbours older brother moved in next door...so chances are ex-neighbour totally knows we are there and not picking up...so whyyyyyyyyyy oh why does he keep calling???

9 comments:

Princess of the Universe said...

My guess is that it's the thrill of the chase...if you called him back (not that I'm suggesting you do) he'd probably be over it...

Unknown said...

Creepy, creepy. I would have to guess he does like you. Unless maybe him and his poor kid are just really lonely people, you never know.. I would assume something went really wrong though if the dad has custody instead of the mom, so maybe the kid really just misses yours and anything normal and familiar.

Staci said...

i think he likes you he wants to marry you... (in a sing songy voice from some movie that I can't think of...) Really though, creepy! don't call... It's probably nothing, but I would be creeped out!

That Girl said...

lol at Staci.
uh yeah he is a weirdo. It kinda sucks that his brother lives next door.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, annoying!

Anonymous said...

Um, yeah, that's weird. Don't call him back. Eventually he'll get the hint. Hopefully.....

Yellow Beads said...

How annoying...and a little creepy!

Yellow Beads said...

How annoying...and a little creepy!

Toni said...

Hmmm. Don't know what to tell you. He may be interested. The best thing may be for you to return his call and just say that you are sorry but because of the distance you can no longer participate in the playdates. It may actually be that his kid really wants to see the boy and he is just trying to keep him happy...