~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Chocolate Cake

I know most of us are on diets...or at least are trying to be careful about what we eat these days (bathing suit season IS just around the corner...) but I promised a few days ago to share an email I received for THE MOST DANGEROUS CHOCOLATE CAKE EVER!! Why is it the most dangerous??? Because you can make it 5 minutes. Now because *I* too am watching what I'm eating these days...I haven't tried this. BUT when the boy was over at my friend's house the other day he said she made it and he loved it!!! There was chocolate allllllllllllll over his face to prove it too!
So here it is:
5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE





4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil (or real butter)
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional-- NOT!)
a small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug

Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips and vanilla extract and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts (high).
The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, then tip out onto a plate.
EAT! (This can serve 2 if you want to feel slightly more virtuous.)

8 comments:

That Girl said...

you are evil!

Together We Save said...

It looks really good. I will keep the receipe for a sleepover idea for my girls.

Jamy said...

Mmm, i have used this recipe. Its delicious, especially with ice cream. Enjoy.

Staci said...

So not fair! I am sitting in the doctors office starving and I see this. I am soooooo trying it!

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for this recipe! I'll be 7 months pregnant when we go to the beach this year, so I'm not all that concerned about how a little cake will make me look in bathing suit! LOL

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for you to post this!!! I'm trying it!!! But seriously, did you have to add the ice cream to it? :) That makes it SOOOOO much better!!!

Kelsey said...

Yum. I'm actually relieved I don't have the ingredients in my house right now to go make it because I totally would!!

Toni said...

I have yet to try this but have always heard great things about it.