~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Date Night Was Fantastic!

And the weekend is also pretty fantastic so far. It's still pretty freakin' cold outside...but the sun is shining and that makes me happy! It really is the little things (like the sunshine) that excite me most.

So yeah, we got to the restaurant around 7:00 and the place was packed...they tell us it will be about a 20 min wait...totally cool, though it irks me that NO restaurant these days take reservations on the weekends...WHY is that??? Anyways, we ended up getting in and seated within 5 minutes. Had some drinks, yummy bread, salad...and then a YUMMY steak and loaded baked potatoe. Then I asked the waiter to surprise me with a drink, something girly but not too sweet lol. He got his GM to make it and the wait staff all stood around to see my reaction...they did good! When I gave them the thumbs up they all breathed a huge sigh of relief...one girl came over and told me she was kind of expecting the ew face...

The yummy concoction was

triple sec
vodka
rum
pineapple juice

You should all give it a try sometime!

Well I guess that's enough rambling for now...later!

9 comments:

Staci said...

I'm glad you had a great date night!!! Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Mmm...sounds good!

yeah, what is with restaurants not taking reservations anymore?

That Girl said...

oh yay! that does sound like a good drink!

Anonymous said...

That drink sounds good!! I'm glad you had a good date!!! We're long overdue for one.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a great time! I've never had a special drink made just for me~ sounds good!

Impulsive Addict said...

Sounds like my favorite steak place in Texas called Saltgrass! YUM!

Anonymous said...

I love pineapple juice in my drinks.

Sounds like an awesome weekend! I'm so jealous of the sunshine where you are. It's been raining here everyday for two weeks straight.

Jenna said...

I'll have to try that drink myself. I could have used it last night! Glad you had a fun night out and a good weekend!

Toni said...

Glad you had a great night!