~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Trying to be Positive

So I feel a bit like a 'Negative Nelly' these days...as I'm sure you can tell...so today I will only blog about positive things.

Last night the boy and I went to "Read with your family" night at school. Although I dreaded going...it was a long day at work and COLD outside...he guilted me into it...I just knew he was going to cry if we didn't go and I would not be responsible for that...so I got over my wimpiness (is that even a word?) and we headed out to school at about 6:45. Was I ever glad we went. The boyfriend stayed home to do some studying for school (he's taking a management course) so it was just the boy and I. There was cookies and juice when we got there and we sat for 45 minutes while the boy read a series of books to me. His favorite seems to be Robert Munsch lately and I'm happy about that because I LOVE his books too. Then every kid who attended was entered into a draw for a free book. What we didn't know, was that every kid there would receive a book. The boy got a joke book that he is in love with. His favorite joke so far:

What did the hamburgers build at the beach?

A bun fire...hahaha.

I got to work today and the receptionist told me I looked great today! She says this everytime I wear a skirt lol. But she followed up this time with 'you are so thin and slender everything looks good on you'! That completely made my day. I better keep working out so I can stay thin and slender...tonight is another scheduled workout night and my legs are still sore from Tuesday...but I'll definitely make sure I workout for at least a 1/2 hour...how else will my body be binkini ready by June???

1 comment:

Impulsive Addict said...

Negative Nelly usually makes an appearance in my household a few times a month. She eventually goes away.

I'm super jealous that you only have to be at the gym for 1/2 hour a couple times a week to be ready for the bikini season! I would need to spend 3+hours daily...kinda like those people on Biggest Loser. Not. Fair. I think I'll try to give up eating and only work out for 1/2 hour. I'll update you on my progress.

Thanks for visiting my blog! =) Yours is decorated way cute...in fact...it is exactly like mine on the edges!