~~Mel~~

~~Mel~~

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Short Hair v. Long Hair

I'm planning to make a hair appt. this weekend and just so you all know (it came as a shock to me) it's been almost a freakin' year since I last saw a hairdresser...my life is busy but damn I need to make more time for me!! Granted I put it off several times when it happened to cross my mind because I wanted to 'grow out' my hair...I had it just above chin length for a few years and wanted a little more length to it.

Now it is what I can only describe as 'mom hair' it's got no shape to it and just kind of hangs there...there were layers at one time but they've all grown out. It's just past my shoulders. It's wavy...I hate it...it's not curly and it's not straight....it's that somewhere in between.

Annnnnnnnyways, on to my dilemma...should I do something drastic and cut it short again...or should I just get it trimmed and re-layered and keep the length, I mean...afterall they say after age 55 you should really keep your hair short...long hair apparently ages you...sooooooo, with that being the case I'll have alllll those years after 55 to don the short do.

Buttttttt, at the same time....the reason I like the length is because it's nice to pull it back and completely off my face...but (again with the but lol) when do I don ponytails or do anything with my hair really???...never...never...never...everday I wear it down at work and going out I wear it down...so when I pull it back is mainly when I work out...can I live with it down and on my face while working out...because really I don't need another excuse to NOT work out!!!

This is turning into a rambling mess...so I'll stop now and put you all out of your misery...

I'll let you know what I decide...or I'll keep putting it off...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say go short! I cut my hair short about 2 years ago and love it! So much easier to control and low maintenance. My hair has a bit of curl, wave, frizz to it and honestly, cutting it short tamed it a little! If you don't like the short cut, it'll grow out!!! Post pictures when you get it done!!

Staci said...

i say keep it medium length! Get a sexy little doo, with some style, but if its medium length you can pull it back into a little nub while you work out and still be rockin' (I hope this makes sense. I have ingested large quantities of Nyquil, but I am still a fashionista... not lol) Can't wait to see what you decide!

Anonymous said...

Ah I had the same debate with myself several months ago, and cut off 12 inches of my hair, and ended up with a bob. I love love love it- it's chique and doesn't bother me when I'm running cause I pull it all back with a headband.
I might never go back to long hair again!

I want to see pictures after!!

That Girl said...

when I stop laughing at your post I will give you advice.

Toni said...

I took the plunge about 6 months ago. I was wearing my hair in a ponytail everyday and felt as if I had no style. I do miss it from time to time but I am happier I cut it than not! I love it and it actually easier for me...

Good luck with your decision, I know that it is a hard one to make!

Jenna said...

I went shorter about 6 months ago and have really enjoyed it. Of course, mine is still long enough to pull back (about an inch above my shoulders) but still "short" for me. Can you do bangs? I got bangs cut about 3 months ago and get TONS of compliments. It really freshens up a look!

Jamy said...

I cut my hair short just before Easter last year and have regretted it ever since. Who wants short hair for summer. I need to be able to put it in a pony tail. With that said, I am now growing out my hair. I've had it cut once in the last year. I'd say just get some more layers added. It'll freshen it up.